Each year our focus on investment in technology and the infrastructure here at Ramillies Hall School achieves significant, sustained and widespread gains for our students. Over the last 12 months we have included improvements to develop, enhance and extend the technology used to further student learning and strengthen the systems used throughout the school.
We recognize that one of the most powerful uses of technology in education is that it allows us to tailor instruction to students’ individual learning needs, and to facilitate a focus on learning By integrating the use of technology within the curricular framework.
Increasing Learning Opportunities
More than ever today, technology plays a vital role in educating and connecting students to learning opportunities.
With the surplus of reference information and educational instruction available on the Internet, and new technologies making computers increasingly portable, Ramillies Hall School is taking advantage of the new opportunities for enhancing and supplementing classroom instruction through the use of technology.
- Interactive whiteboards and flat panel displays installed throughout the school and nursery.
- Network infrastructure upgraded to improve speed of data transfer and computer inter working.
- All PCs upgraded or replaced to the latest specifications with new computers.
- Deployed Windows 8.1 enterprise, Office pro plus 2013 and Learning support software updates throughout most of the school.
- Pocket PCs and monitors purchased for the Design and Technology room and the English room.
- Additional laser printers have been purchased.
- The ICT Suite was upgraded during the summer break to i5 with 21.5″ monitors with SSD drives.
- Additional i5 have been added around the schools to increase pc numbers.
- School lesson bell system renovated and upgraded.
- Telephone System Updated. (As we receive a high volume of calls, since February 2015 we have had improvements in place within our telephone system to include additional lines. This now enables parents to contact the School and Nursery even at our busiest times.)