Why choose Ramillies?
Ramillies Hall is a non-selective independent school for boys and girls in Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire. Ramillies Hall has been in the same family for over 100 years and is a small, friendly and nurturing school in which each individual is well known and supported in order that they can reach their potential.
- small class sizes
- personalised education
- wide range of extra-curricular activities
- strong pastoral care
- 8 acres of grounds in a semi-rural location
- catering for children with a range of learning abilities
Parents choose us because they know that their son or daughter will be supported to achieve their potential and that a ‘whole child’ approach is integral to our ethos. This is a school where the individual really does count.
All staff in school are Dyslexia Aware and our aim is to remove this barrier to learning and to provide every assistance to dyslexic pupils to ensure that they can fully access the curriculum and gain enjoyment from their studies. This is a very tolerant community and pupils respect the fact that each of them learns at a different pace and with differing degrees of ease.
At Ramillies we are also very much part of the local community and have connections with several organisations. These include:
- Barnardos- Children’s Charity Shop in Cheadle Hulme
- Cheadle Hulme Methodist Church
- The Board Café in Cheadle Hulme
- The Junk Food Project- Café in Manchester set up to help eliminate food waste
- The Wellspring Kitchen- Stockport Homeless Charity
- Mosaic - support service in Stockport for people aged 25 and under who need help with drug and alcohol issues
- Explore Learning – Learning Resource Centre in Cheadle Hulme
- Bramall Hall - a largely Tudor manor house set within the grounds of Bramhall Park
- The National Geographic Society - scientific and educational institution
- Cheadle Hulme Library
- M and M Productions – National Theatre Group
A number of our pupils have carried out work experience to prepare them for life after Ramillies at some of the above organisations.
Ramillies is a school that nurtures whilst instilling in our pupils the curiosity, excitement and desire to become lifelong learners; that radiates energy and where pupils are engaged and challenged in the classroom, on the playing fields, in the surrounding country side.